Review: "Hallelujah" by Kalafina

Note: I am reviewing the (Limited) Anime Edition [SECL-1391].

M01: "Hallelujah" / 「アレルヤ」

The main theme for the animation movie "Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin",
an upbeat light song that starts with some voice like "aaa" chants followed by the strings then followed by the E.Guitar & E.Piano then greets you with Keiko's low range voice (seems she is the main vocal for this one, I am pretty sure K-"fans" would be pleased to listen to this.) 

The chorus are too early though, that might caught you off-guard that they are singing the chorus already, but despite the early chorus, for me its very graceful because they voices blends so well then follows the chorus with Yuriko Kaida, not to mention its sounded more nostalgic with the used instruments on this song.

The rest of the song is quite repetitive tough, while the two girls gets less part this time for the main vocal, especially for Wakana. If you notice they sing the harmonies, and wow, Hikaru in lower harmonies. To put it simply its like very cheery and Xmas-ish Theme.

Anyways, I am biased about this song because its really nice to listen to.

Rating: 4/5

M02: "Dolce"

The side-B track of the single, its really short wherein this might be the reason we won't be getting any instrumental track from this single.

The song reminds me of  "Snow is falling", I am suspecting this is a cover track from the Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin OST.

Its a gloomy and light song, full of strings. The approach is new to me (or not).
I can't tell really because I don't have a headset to listen thoroughly.

Rating: 3/5

M03: "fairytale ~2012 Chiristmas LIVE ver.~"

The Live version of the song with quartet strings and piano (I guess), this version is really good than their Red Moon live version one. I like how Kajiura Arranged the strings and the piano its pretty classical and catchy to listen. I demand a studio version of this, and one side note it lost its dark aura and became a quite lighter.

I think its really understandable because its a Christmas version.


Rating: 4/5




M04: "Kimi ga Hikari ni kaete Iku~2012 Christmas LIVE ver.~"  

「君が光に変えて行く ~2012 Christmas LIVE ver.~」


 Live version of the mentioned song, despite being a Christmas version, it really brings the sadness of the song. I really liked how well this arranged too, even I can't really hear the strings well on my laptop's speaker. Its really kicks out the other live performances of this song (that excludes the Vol. 3 one though), It lacks at chorus, but the strings really made the song more lovely.


Rating: 4/5

Overall Rating: 3.7/5

The single is a must buy for my opinion, some folks who doesn't like light songs of Kalafina might hate it to eternity, yet you might see them singing that hated songs at Youtube.


Single Info

Single Edition        Catalog#        Price
Regular Edition SECL-1390 1238yen (1300yen Tax incl.)
Hallelujah / Kalafina Limited Edition SECL-1391 1429yen (1500yen Tax incl.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOWER ROAD by FTISLAND Lyrics

희망 / Hwuimang [Hope] - Lyrics

Golden by FTISLAND Lyrics